ESSNA works to ensure that your products are safe, effective and do exactly as they say.
We were founded in 2003 to act as a forum for discussion and a vehicle for action for the sports nutrition sector. Today we work closely with legislators, regulators and enforcement bodies to make sure that the sports nutrition products that you buy are safe, effective, easily available and do exactly what they say they’ll do on the label. All of our 50 plus members sign up to, and abide by, a strict Code of Conduct that lays down clear standards and sets expectations – so that you know when you’re buying a product from an ESSNA member that you’ll be getting the real deal.We also take the argument for sports nutrition and the reputable brands involved in the industry to TV and radio, the mainstream press and the specialist media, as well as to anti-doping organisations.
- To protect consumers by working to prevent the sale of non-compliant products in the EU
- To promote initiatives and campaigns to inform consumers of the benefits of regular physical activity, healthier diets and responsible use of sport nutrition products.
- To ensure the development of an appropriate and balanced regulatory framework for the marketing and sale of sport nutrition products
- To inform our members of legislative developments and provide regulatory advice to ensure compliance
- To promote reputable sport nutrition brands in the media
- To support continued independent scientific research into sport nutrition and into issues relating to quality and safety.
ESSNA cooperates actively with the European institutions and agencies, national Governments, trade bodies, consumer organisations, leading scientists and the media to ensure the fulfilment of its mission.